- I Ching and Intentional Meaningful Coincidences: Toss the coins and see the future? June 23, 2017
I Ching, The Song Dynasty
The I Ching, also known as the Book of Changes, is humanity’s oldest oracle. It is regularly consulted on matters relating to business, relationships, politics and other aspects of life. It is the pre-eminent book among the six Confucian Classics. The I Ching ... Read more »
- Beyond the Veil: Synchronicity and Near Death Experiences May 28, 2017
Eben Alexander, MD
Near Death Experiences (NDEs) awaken minds to new realities. They tear through the web of ordinary life.
NDEs are profound subjective events at the threshold of death. They often include spiritual and paranormal elements, such as a sense of leaving the physical body, perceiving events ... Read more »
- Synchronicity Statistics: Finding the Place of Probability in Coincidence Studies May 14, 2017
The study of coincidences requires a basic education in probability. Why? Because the lower the probability (or the higher the improbability), the more likely that there is a hidden cause or explanation. How do we determine the probability of a coincidence? When is it possible to explain a coincidence by probability alone?
Read more »
- Categorizing Coincidences: Different Strokes for Different Coincidences. May 9, 2017
Currently coincidences are lumped under one umbrella but not all coincidences are created equal! The new discipline of Coincidence Studies begins with defining and establishing the primary categories of coincidences. In this way we can investigate differences and similarities among coincidence types. By creating the primary ... Read more »
- A Coincidence Involving the Recent U.S. Power Grid Failure April 25, 2017
On April 21, power outages took place around United States.
San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles were the three areas that were hit the hardest. Each of the areas experienced problems or shut downs in business commerce. Also, basic infrastructure such as communication networks, mass ... Read more »
- Seriality vs Synchronicity: Kammerer vs Jung: Can synchronicities be explained naturally rather than metaphysically? March 27, 2017
While Jung insisted that meaningful coincidences could be explained through the “constellation” (activation) of archetypes, his contemporary Paul Kammerer thought they could be explained by current scientific principles. John Townley is keeping Kammerer’s perspective alive and evolving. To listen to our radio interview please click Read more »
- Factors that Increase Coincidence Frequency March 22, 2017
What factors increase coincidence frequency? The answers involve the coincider (the person experiencing the coincidence) and the person’s situation.
People who see lots of coincidences describe themselves as spiritual and/or religious. Research also shows that coincidence-sensitive people tend to be self-referential, intuitive, and are seeking ... Read more »
- The Connecting with Coincidence Radio Show Library March 11, 2017
The weekly radio show CC with BB: Connecting with Coincidence with Dr. Bernie Beitman, MD, now has its own on-line library. You can go to the library here.
Welcome to the only radio show in the world dedicated to coincidences, synchronicity and serendipity!
Episodes 1 ... Read more »
- What Is Synchronicity? An interview with feature documentary director David Strabala. February 20, 2017
While counseling a troubled teen, David Strabala wondered how this boy kept finding himself at the wrong place at the wrong time. Could he arrange his life to be in the right place at the right time? Wasn’t this a synchronicity question?
Inspired by the teen’s struggle and ... Read more »
- As Above, So Below—a Sky/Brain Coincidence January 22, 2017
Tomisiti Public DomainHermesTrismegistus
Source: Tomisiti Public Domain
Hermes Trismegistus, thought to be an an ancient Egyptian philosopher, wrote “That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below…” The phrase has been summarized as “As above, ... Read more »
- Some Coincidences are too Good to be True January 4, 2017
You are having computer problems. You have Microsoft software. You receive a call from someone telling you that your computer has problems needing to be fixed: it has a virus; it’s slow, or it’s sending out error messages. How wonderful! Someone at Microsoft knew of ... Read more »
- Is a Barrage of Coincidences Challenging Your Sanity? Try coincidence counseling. December 13, 2016
A barrage of coincidences can challenge world views by their existential significance and the fear of the immensity they imply.
They may also induce the brain to try to expect a meaning in everything, which may lead to heightened “associative thinking,” compared to the normal ... Read more »
- Connecting with Coincidence Radio Show November 30, 2016
I have launched a weekly radio show called Connecting with Coincidence with Dr. Bernie Beitman, MD.
The show is divided into 4 segments lasting about an hour with commercials. The first segment provides an introduction to the show and to me and discusses how coincidences suggest ... Read more »
- Coincidence Psychodynamics: Some coincidences can be explained without God or probability November 15, 2016
God-Universe and probability rank as the two most popular explanations for coincidences. These explanations do not include the possible contributions of the people experiencing the coincidences: the coinciders. Either God-Universe did it for you as in “Coincidences are God’s way of remaining anonymous”. ... Read more »
- Coincidence Quality: Amazing or Trivial? November 1, 2016
Some coincidences are extraordinarily amazing like the series of serendipities that led to the discovery and manufacturing of penicillin (Beitman, p. 140-2). Some are trivial (like thinking of a strange word and a little later seeing or hearing that word).
Why judge the quality of coincidences?
The higher its quality, the more likely the coincidence offers ... Read more »